Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Gifts for Co-Workers & Neighbors

So each holiday I try to make something special for my co-workers.  I work in an all female HR group and really enjoy all the ladies I work with ( so rare for an all female office I know!!).  For Thanksgiving, I made the cute little turkey goodies bags so I knew I had to go even cuter for Christmas!  Here's what I came up with -- Scentsy hand soaps with a Santa face tag: 

 
Here's how I made them:
I ordered my soaps from my personal Scentsy store :-)

Aren't they cute?  They look like gumballs


I used the Cricut Craft Room Software to lay out the different layers I needed to cut.  These Santa faces are 4" I believe and from the Doodlecharms cartridge -- one of my first cartridges. 

Mr. Cricut got to work cutting layer after layer.  4 years later and this thing still amazes me!! 

I ended up with 3 pages of Santa faces in order to get 18 at the size I needed

Then I moved on to cutting the other layers, you get the idea.

As Mr. Cricut was cutting the layers I started assembling Santa.  I picked this particular Santa because there weren't too many pieces and they weren't teeny tiny. However, I didn't take into account adding all the little dashes to the 18 faces!!  That took quite a while. 


Here all 18 Santa's are ready to be attached to the soap. 

I played around with where to punch the hole and settled with on the tassel.  In hindsight, I probably would have made the face a little smaller.

I gave these to my friends/co-workers Wednesday before Christmas and they were a big hit.  I love doing something small to let people know they are thought of and loved!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment