Monday, November 21, 2011

Catch up

So I haven’t done very well at keeping up with my blog lately.  Ever since I was gone for September it seems like life has been a blur.  Now, here we are almost at Thanksgiving and Black Friday!!

Adam and I had a nice October at home (for the most part).  We had free tickets to the UT/LSU football game in Knoxville so we made our first trip to the UT campus to watch the game.  I was so impressed with the stadium and fans.  The campus is really pretty as well.  We had decent seats (again, Free!) in the end zone that were covered and had padded cushions.  Unfortunately, LSU beat the Volunteers, just like they did the Mountaineers.  Nonetheless, we had a good time.  Check us out in our orange gear.  (Disclaimer:  I will always be a WV girl and Mountaineer fan, but if I’m going to live in TN I can cheer for the Volunteers as long as there’s not a conflict of interest) :p


I had to go to Baton Rouge for a week for a division wide HR meeting.  It feels so weird to be back down there.  After being around the people and the traffic for a week, I’m reminded again how happy I am to be out of that place!

In other big news, we finally got a dining room table!  It took me soo long to pick one but then we finally ended up with one from Ashley (great name!).  It has a big leaf so we can add it or not depending on how many people we’re having over.  We got 2 arm chairs and 6 side chairs.  I love it J  Only thing I’m concerned about is I don’t know if I’m going to have room for a china cabinet now.. and I can definitely use the extra storage space as the kitchen doesn’t have a pantry or many cabinets.  We got the table just in time for our HUGE first family Thanksgiving dinner.  We are having my parents, both grandmas, Adam’s parents, his sisters and their husbands, his 2 nieces, and his dog nephew which is also Henderson’s brother.  Full house!!  Everyone is staying with us except his parents and they are staying at a very nearby hotel.  This will be the first time our families have met, so we are hoping for the best and are excited for everyone to finally meet.

The biggest news of all though is my NEW car.  After almost 10 years and 105k miles, I finally traded my car for a 2012 Limited Highlander.  I just got it Friday and so far I love it.  It’s black with black leather interior and has Navigation, 4 wheel drive, and lots of other bells and whistles.  I’m sure I will love it as much as my Escape.



I also broke tradition and did something I said I’d never do (never say never, right?).  We bought a new 9’ Christmas tree over the weekend and I decorated it last night.  (As well as a 6’ tree for the dining room that’s all decked out in WVU ornaments.)  I just thought with everyone coming it’d be nice for them to see my trees because let’s face it, it’s a lot of work!!  So, there’s still a ton to do before Wednesday when everyone comes here, so Happy Thanksgiving to all!  Enjoy your families and hope you get lots of great deals on Black Friday/Thursday.    


No comments:

Post a Comment